Erika Wilsen is an experienced professional horn performer and instructor based in Los Angeles, CA.
She tailors lessons to the goals of the individual student and has taught all skill levels, including beginners through university level. She has maintained a highly regarded horn studio for many years.
Her teaching philosophy is to meet students at their level and guide them toward creating and reaching their goals. She encourages students to develop a love of music and horn playing.
She enjoys spending time outside and with her family.
Read student and parent reviews
or contact Erika now for more information.
• Private Instructor, 1996-present
• Master Class Clinician, University of California at Santa Barbara
• Horn Coach at Santa Monica High School
• Brass Coach, La Jolla High School and Muirlands Middle School
• Horn Coach, El Camino Youth Symphony
• Horn Coach at 4 SF Bay Area high schools
• Horn Coach at 3 SF Bay Area middle schools
• Adjunct Horn Professor, University of San Francisco
• Horn Instructor, Interlochen School for the Arts
• Horn Instructor, Summer Music Institute, University of Michigan
• Orchestral work with Pacific Symphony and the symphonies of Berkeley, Fremont, Oakland, Santa Cruz, Vallejo, California Symphony, and La Jolla Symphony & Chorus
• Left Coast Quintet 2016-2019
• Avenue Winds, founding member, 2002-2013
• Peninsula Ballet Theatre, Principal
• St. Peter's Chamber Orchestra, Principal
• Opera performances including West Bay Opera, San Francisco Lyric Opera, Opera San Jose
• Musicals with Broadway by the Bay, Mountain Play
• In concert with pop stars Barry Manilow and Josh Groban in San Jose & Sacramento
Education & Awards
• Master of Music in Horn Performance, University of Michigan
• Bachelor of Arts with a double major in English and Music with Honors, Magna cum laude, Davidson College
• Artist-in-Residence, Sarasota Music Festival
• Artist-in-Residence, Banff Centre for the Arts, Canada
• Phi Beta Kappa, member.
• Multiple merit-based scholarships received while at the University of Michigan and Davidson College, including the Susan and Richard Rogel Scholarship, the Richard Ross Memorial Award, the Harper Music Award, the Martin van Every Scholarship, the Bill Avery Music Award, and the Harper Lesson Scholarship.